Busy day? Busy week? Busy everything? Well, I feel ya. I have been non-stop working and school and it feels as if it will go on forever. BUT, it doesn't have to when you involve food! During my busy weeks, I like to do some meal prep so I can actually enjoy my meals without the stress of time I would need to make them. So a quick and delicious meal I have been obsessing over all started from a national food holiday- National Pizza Day!
Now, pizza isn't thee best meal to have but it definitely tastes amazing and has endless ingredient combinations. So when I think of pizza, I don't think to order take out-- I think home-made, made ahead of time, leftover flatbread pizza! YUM.
Cold pizza is the best pizza, amirite?
Anyways, I have been obsessing over this pizza combo-- pesto, mozzarella, sun dried tomatoes and chicken OR for vegetarians, pesto, mozzarella, and cherry tomatoes! Simple. Delicious. AND my perfect grab and go meal.
Pesto Chicken Flatbread Pizza
- 1 (12.5-ounce) Whole Grain Flatbread Crust
- 1 cup pesto
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup cooked chicken, chopped or shredded
- 8 cherry tomatoes, cut in halves OR/AND 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes (I used both in my pictures pizza)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place flatbread on baking sheet. Brush lightly with extra virgin olive oil.
- Spread pesto on flatbread, into one thin layer. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Add chicken and tomatoes. Spread evenly. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until crust starts to brown or cheese is bubbly.
- Take out and let cool. Cut into pieces and enjoy!