I used to work at a local organic food store in Hawaii where we sold meals and treats for all diet types. I started working on the vegan treats section and was able to experiment with various recipes from raw vegan to baked vegan desserts and it was incredibly fun! One of my favorite raw vegan treats were these raw coconut date bites that were a popular item. I messed around with the recipe to incorporate more nuts into the batch and I came up with this recipe!
Raw Vegan Coconut Bliss Bites
Makes about 15-20 balls
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup almond buter
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 10-15 pitted dates
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid stevia
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- Combine almonds, almond butter, walnuts, and chia seeds in a food processor. Blend for 1 minute, or until a crumbly mixture forms.
- Add pitted dates, coconut oil, cinnamon and stevia. Blend for another minute, or until mixture becomes sticky and dough like.
- Use your hands to roll mixture into balls. Roll each ball in shredded coconut until fully coated and place in a bowl. Repeat until all balls are coated and store in fridge.