Lately, I have been a sucker for cornbread. It started over the winter break where I was making chili on the hot stove and felt I needed something moist and filling to join my hot chili meal. I instantly thought cornbread and I have enjoyed it ever since! Now whenever I get the chance, I will make cornbread. So for this month's sponsored Recipe Redux, I was excited to combine two awesome foods together-- cornbread and Sabra hummus! SUPREMELY SPICY HUMMUS, that is! And just in time for National Hummus Day (May 13th)!
I received free samples of Sabra Hummus mentioned in this post. By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Sabra and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time
Hummus is a very versatile food that can be added to various dishes, such as sandwiches, wraps, baked goods, or incorporated into another flavored dip! The combinations are endless and so are the flavors. I enjoy hummus as a quick snack with carrots or celery. These snacks usually keep me full until the next meal and I'm so glad the hummus is also packed full of fiber, protein and other nutrients like folate, iron and vitamin B. Hummus is a nutritious addition to my daily diet, and it is perfect for vegans and vegetarians too!
How do you eat hummus?
SUPREMELY SPICY Bell Pepper Cornbread
- 1 (10-ounce) container Supremely Spicy Hummus
- 1 (8.5-ounce) container cornbread mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup non-fat milk
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine Supremely Spicy Hummus, cornbread mix, egg and milk, mix well. Fold in diced bell peppers and onions.
- Pour mixture into a prepared 8x8 pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until cornbread is firm or toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool completely and enjoy!