After all these holiday feasts, I am wanting to get back in the routine of eating well and exercising. So my first fun foodie change for the #NewYear is to celebrate 'Toast Tuesday' every week (hopefully sharing with you all once a month) with a new and creative ingredient combination for my toast. The combinations are endless and the food photography is getting better and better!
I say, the more color the more flavor! So here are my first four toasts for the end of 2016 while welcoming the New Year with more recipe creativity and food photography.
Banana + Sunflower Chia Seeds on White Chocolate Peanut Butter
- 1 piece multigrain bread
- 1.5 tablespoons Peanut Butter & Co. White Chocolate Peanut Butter
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sunflower kernels
- 1 tablespoon flax seed + chia seed mixture
- Toast bread. Spread peanut butter on bread. Evenly place banana on top and sprinkle with chia/flax seed and sun flower seeds. Enjoy!
Chocolate Hazelnut + Berries + Walnuts
- 1 piece of high fiber whole wheat bread
- 1 tablespoon homemade chocolate hazelnut spread
- 6 berries (any berry combination)
- 1 handful of walnuts
- Toast bread. Spread chocolate spread on toast. Top with berries and walnuts and enjoy!
Tuna + Avocado
- 1 piece whole wheat bread
- 1 can low-sodium tuna, drained
- 3 tablespoons non-fat plain greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red onion, diced
- 1/2 avocado, pitted and sliced
- Toast bread.
- In a small bowl, combine tuna, yogurt, mustard and red onion. Mix well.
- Spread extra mustard on toast, add prepared tuna and top with avocado. Enjoy!
Almond Butter + Apple & Blackberries + Pecans + Cinnamon
- 1 piece sourdough bread
- 2 heaping tablespoons Betsy's Best Almond Butter with Cinnamon and Chia Seeds
- 1/2 apple, sliced
- 3 blackberries
- 5 pecans, crushed
- Cinnamon, optional
- Toast bread.
- Spread almond butter on bread. Top with apple slices, blackberries and pecans. Top with extra almond butter and cinnamon. Enjoy!