So I'm going to be over here on Valentine's Day snacking on some home-made granola! :) That's my kind of celebration! hehe. but seriously, if you have to work all day on Valentine's Day and/or you're in a long distance relationship like me, you find ways to enjoy this "holiday" by treating yourself to some home made goodies.
This granola is gluten-free and simple to make. This is also a great DIY Valentine's Day gift/recipe to share with your loved ones. <3
GF Valentine's Day Granola
- 1 cup almond flour (I used almond meal in the pictured recipe and it still tastes great!)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup Valentine's Day M&Ms
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Line a baking pan with parchment and spread mixture evenly into one layer and bake for about 20 minutes or until mixture starts to brown (I stirred the mixture with a wooden spoon twice while it baked, to evenly bake throughout).
- Let cool for completely and enjoy or gift to your loved ones!