“By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Wild Blueberries and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.”
Frozen Wild Blueberries are one of my favorite items to buy at my local grocery store. Not only do I use Frozen Wild Blueberries every week, but I use them in sweet AND savory dishes. This month's Recipe Redux was sponsored by Wild Blueberries looking for some delicious sweet and savory holiday dishes!
Since I am all about the holidays, I got in tune with my Finnish side and am proud to share a delicious and not too sweet roll recipe made with Frozen Wild Blueberries.
They are a perfect treat in the morning with a hot cup of coffee.
DID YOU KNOW?! "Wild Blueberries have twice the antioxidant capacity of larger cultivated blueberries. A growing body of research shows the potential health benefits of Wild Blueberries including gut health, diabetes, cancer and brain health."
Wild Blueberry Hot Buns
Makes 12 buns
- 1 (1lb) ready to bake plain bread dough
- 1 cup Frozen Wild Blueberries
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Divide ready to use dough into 12 pieces rolling each into a ball. Cover and leave to rise for an hour.
- Combine Frozen Wild Blueberries and cornstarch in a bowl, mix until well combined.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- On a prepared baking sheet or pan, place balls of dough. Indent each bun with a sugared glass, cover buns with whisked egg and add 2 tablespoons of blueberries to each bun.
- Bake the buns for 15-18 minutes or until golden. Cool completely then drizzle icing on top and serve!